What are you looking for?
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Downtown, Los Angeles, CA, USA

A Day in Los Angeles











The City of Angels! I haven't been in my favorite city since earlier this year with a couple of friends. This time for my trip I spent mostly all my day exploring new museums and at night I went to The Greek Theatre to watch one of my favorite artist, Harry Styles .

We left San Diego for L.A. around 8 A.M, we arrived in Downtown Los Angeles for our first stop and ventured into The Broad. Luckily we didn't have to wait outside the museum like a majority of their museum goers had to, I was lucky enough to snatch some last minute tickets (which are free by the way!) online which I thought were sold out already! We were able to walk inside a half hour after opening and explored their third floor gallery since their first floor was under construction and won't be available for a while. The third floor held a ton of beautiful and interesting art pieces that we were able to look at while waiting. Some of the pieces we were able to see are above! The last two photos are from another museum which I will mention later on in the post.


Before we ventured up to the third floor gallery we were told to sign up to save our spot in line for the Light Room, located on the first floor. At first our wait time was at 94 minutes but we were able to get inside faster then 94 minutes. We stood in line for ten minutes but it flew by very quickly, we were timed the moment we went inside the Light Room. As soon as we stepped inside we were awestruck by the colorful lights around us. We been inside a similar Light Room in a museum in Phoenix, Arizona but this one at The Broad was better than the one we went to. After checking out the final room we left Downtown LA and drove to Melrose and had lunch at the Food Lab.


We checked out the Ace Gallery located in Wilshire Boulevard right after lunch. Exploring the gallery was a shorter trip than I expected. We were welcomed by the gallery's own elevator man who helped us up to where the rooms were located. He was so proud of the front page interviews of him that were posted in the elevator for people to see! He was very kind and helpful letting us know what to check out in the gallery. Once we exited out of the elevator we were up on the third floor we started to venture around the place checking out the pieces they had. Luckily we were the only ones at the gallery walking around. There weren't much art hung up since they were in the process of moving and adding more stuff in certain rooms. After 20 minutes of checking out the rooms we decided to head on out to check out the Hollywood stars! By the time we arrived at the stars I had roughly 2 hours left till I had to go to the venue for my concert. We walked around, while I was on a mission to find Fleetwood Mac's star. Fortunately I was successful in finding it and taking a picture of it to keep for myself since I am a big Fleetwood Mac fan. It was nice to see something iconic given to one of the greatest band. After walking around and checking out the shops along the streets we decided to head to the Griffith Observatory. I've been here a couple times from previous trips and on this afternoon it was less crowded than usual! (Thank God) We had a great view of the city as we walked up the observatory, we were also able to check out the inside and explored their items they had on displayed which was pretty neat. We rested quite a bit before I was dropped off to the Greek Theatre which was on the other side of the Observatory. As for my concert that happened that night make sure to check out my next post on my experience! 


Being able to finally explore The Broad has been on my list of things to do in LA since last year! And to be able to finally do so was great! Usually it's very hectic for me and whoever I am with (most likely my boyfriend) because I go crazy when it comes to visiting places, but safe to say this trip was really enjoyable! Although there were some places we missed which I wish we had gone to, there is no reason to fret because I will definitely be back to explore more places soon enough. Till next time LA, love you always! 




---

CHECK IT OUT:


Add your comment

@zellelacdan